Quicken Error OL-225 occurs when downloading bank transactions or adding a bank account. Error Code OL-225 generally arises when a bank is sending a file that has some issue, VPN is running too, etc.
In this post, we’ll discuss the causes and solution steps to fix.
Note: You may also face Quicken Error OL-224
Causes for Quicken Error OL-225
- VPN may cause this issue
- Connectivity issue with the bank
- Temporary Bank server outage
Things to do before starting with the troubleshooting steps
1. Create a Quicken data file backup
Our recommendation is to create a Quicken file backup prior to taking any troubleshooting steps because if there would be any fallback in between the process so you can come back to the same place. To create a backup:
- Open Quicken
- Go to Backup and Restore > Back up Quicken File…
- Click on Back up Now
2. Update Quicken to the Latest Release
- Open Quicken
- Go to Help > Check for Updates
- If an update is available to install, click on Yes to launch it.
Note: The process to fix this error may be complex, you can speak with the TheSupportZone expert for a quick resolution. Dial TollFree or leave us your message.
5 Simple Methods to Fix Quicken Error OL-225
Method 1: Refresh Online Account Information
- Click on the Account(To the left side)
- Once the account register is open click on the top-right gear icon with a drop-down menu
- Then click Update Now (Ctrl+Alt+U)
- The next screen prompts you to enter a vault or bank password
- Then click Update Now
- Now try to update the accounts again
Method 2: Wait 24-48 Business Hours
After trying the above method, please wait at least 24-48 business hours. This could be the temporary server outage issue with the bank. You can try to update the account after 24-48 hours but if the same problem happens again, please follow the below steps.
Method 3: Cancel Online Payment
If you’re getting this error code while sending an online payment, ensure to cancel it.
- Go to Tools > Online Center
- Choose the Financial Institution from which you’re making the online payment (See an image below)
- Then click on the Payments tab
- Select the Payment and click Cancel Payment
- If asks, click Yes to cancel the payment
Method 4: Deactivate an Account
You may need to deactivate an account in order to fix this error. Deactivation of an account doesn’t cause the data loss.
- Go to Tools > Account List (Ctrl+A)
- Now you can click on Edit to an account that causing this problem
- Select the Online Services tab
- Then click Deactivate
- Now click Yes to confirm
- Then click OK and Done
Method 5: Reactivate the Deactivated Account
- Go to Tools > Add Account…
- Then select the type of account such as Checking, Savings, etc.
- Now click on Advanced Setup(to the bottom left corner)
- Now type the name of your bank/financial institution
- Then click Next
- Select a suitable connection method and click Next
- Now enter the bank Username and Password
- Then click Connect
- Now Quicken starts to look up your accounts at a bank
- Once you can see the list of your accounts, it’s time to reactivate account(s)
- Instead of adding the accounts again, you need to LINK it with an existing account in Quicken(See an image below)
- Then click Next and Finish
After following all the above methods you’ll no longer face Quicken Error Code OL-225 but in case it still exists, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Dial Us or Leave us your message.