While working with the Quicken software you may interact with several issues such as freezing or crashing etc. In the same way we’re going to discuss one of the most arising issues Quicken not responding.
It generally arises because of the automatic Windows update, the issue with .NET Framework, etc. This issue may also cause slow performance, freezing, or crashing of Quicken software.
In this post, we’ll discuss about the causes and solution methods to fix this problem.
Causes for Quicken not Responding
- Improper software installation
- Latest windows update arise this issue
- Some third party software may blocking an access
Quick Note: Process to fix this problem may complex, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Leave us your message.
5 Simple Methods to Fix Quicken Not Responding
Method 1: Update Quicken to the latest release
- Open Quicken software
- Go to Help > Check for Update
- Click on Yes, if the update is available to download.
If Quicken is already up to date, please proceed further with the below methods.
Method 2: Validate and Repair Quicken Data File
Quicken data files may have data integrity issues that could be a reason for this problem. You can perform the inbuilt feature of Quicken known as Validate and Repair that can help to diagnose if something bad is going on with your data file.
- Go to File > File Operations
- Then choose Validate and Repair…
- Click on Validate File and OK
- Now Quicken starts validating the data file, it may take some time to depend on the file size
- After performing the validation process Quicken will show you the Data_Log where you can check about the data file status.
Method 3: Restore the latest Quicken Backup
You need to open Quicken in safe mode in order to restore the latest backup file. To do that:
- Press and hold down the Ctrl+Shift keys
- Now make a double click on the Quicken desktop icon
- Don’t release the keys until Quicken is open on the screen
- Then go to File > Restore from Backup File…
- Choose Restore from your backup and click Browse…
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to restore the backup file.
After following the above 3 methods you’ll no longer face Quicken not responding issue but in case if the same problem still exists you can proceed further with the below methods too.
Method 4: Download and Install .NET Framework
Quicken installed all the basic files at the time of installation but sometimes due to the automatic Windows update things don’t work in the same way. You can install the .NET Framework manually that can prevent this problem.
- Close Quicken software
- Go to the official Microsoft website to download the .NET Framework
- Once it’s downloaded, install the .NET Framework in your computer
- Then try to open Quicken again.
Method 5: Uninstall and Reinstall Quicken Software
- Press Windows+R keys to open the Run command
- Then type Control and click OK
- Click on Programs > Programs and Features
- Choose Quicken from the program list and make a right click on it
- Then click Uninstall
- Now follow on screen instructions to uninstall the software
You can log in to Quicken account in order to reinstall Quicken back into your computer or visit here to read more about the reinstallation process.
After following all the above methods you’ll no longer face this problem but in case if the same problem still exists, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Call Us or leave us your message.