While Updating or Adding a bank account you may encounter a problem “Quicken Online Service Unavailable at this time. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.” This problem sometimes occurs after installing the latest update.
It’s a temporary issue and can be fixed by following the below methods.
Note: You may also face Exceeded the Maximum number of Datasets in Quicken
In this post, we’ve discussed the causes and solution methods to fix this issue.
Causes for this problem
- The latest installed patch may cause this issue
- Temporary server outage
- VPN/Firewall may be blocking an access
Note: The process to fix this issue may be complex, you can speak with the TheSupportZone expert for a quick resolution. Dial TollFree or leave us your message.
4 Simple Methods to Fix Quicken Online Service Unavailable at this time
Method 1: Update Quicken to the Latest Version
- Open Quicken
- Go to Help > Check for Updates
- Click on Yes, If an update is available to download
- Now follow on-screen instructions to install the updates
Method 2: Sign out from Quicken
- Go to the Edit menu
- Click Preferences…
- Select Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts from the left pane
- Click Sign in as a different user / Sign in using a different Quicken ID
- Type Yes to confirm the sign-out
- Click Sign Out
Method 3: Sign In to Quicken
- After following method 2
- Click on Sign In
- Enter your Quicken ID(registered email) & Password
- Then click on Sign In
Important: If you’re not sure about the Quicken ID or Password, please click on forgot your Quicken ID or Password to reset/retrieve the respective information.
- The next window prompts you to sync with mobile, click on your respective choice option
- Then click Next
- Click Done
Method 4: Uninstall and Reinstall Quicken
It’s not a recommended method but you can try if the same problem still exists after following all the above methods.
Create a Quicken data file backup
Our recommendation is to create a Quicken file backup prior to uninstallation process because if there would be any fallback in between the process so you can come back to the same place where you started. To create a backup:
- Open Quicken
- Go to Backup and Restore > Back up Quicken File…
- Click on Back up Now
Uninstall Quicken Software
- Press Windows+R keys together to open the Run command
- Type Control Panel and click OK
- Click on Programs > Programs and Features
- Select Quicken from the program list and make a right-click
- Click Uninstall
- Follow the on-screen instruction to uninstall Quicken
Reinstall Quicken Software
You can reinstall the software by clicking here.
After following all the above methods, you’ll no longer face “Quicken Online Service Unavailable at this time. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience” but in case if the same problem still exists, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution.