Quicken program helps you to track financial data, paying bills, create a budget, and much more but sometimes it also faces technical problems and there would be a need to Uninstall and Reinstall Quicken from the computer.
You can perform the uninstallation and reinstallation process with both operating system Windows and Mac without losing your financial data.
In this post, we’ll discuss about the reason and process to uninstall and reinstall Quicken.
Reason to Uninstall and Reinstall Quicken
- Improper installation of the software
- Software is crashing or freezing
- Some third-party app blocking Quicken to run
- Quicken not responding
- Quicken doesn’t open
Important: If possible, create a Quicken data file backup for safer side.
Simple Methods to Uninstall and Reinstall Quicken
Method 1: Uninstall Quicken Software
Windows 10 and 8
- Press Windows+R keys together to open the Run command
- Type Control Panel and click OK
- Click on Programs > Programs and Features
- Select Quicken from the program list and make a right-click
- Click Uninstall
- Follow the on-screen instruction to uninstall Quicken
Note: As Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft it’s recommended to use the supported Windows. In case you still use Windows 7, please proceed further with the uninstall process.
- Click on the Start button
- Click Control Panel
- Choose Programs > Programs and Features
- Select Quicken from the programs list and make a right-click
- Click Uninstall
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Quicken
- Close Quicken software
- Open Finder
- Click on Applications
- Now type Quicken to the search bar(top right corner)
- Drag the application to the Trash
- Now Quicken is uninstalled from Mac
Method 2: Reinstall Quicken Software
You can follow the below steps either you purchased Quicken from the Quicken.com itself or the resellers (Amazon etc.). You can use the below steps with both operating systems Windows and Mac.
- Go to https://signin.quicken.com/signin and login to Quicken account
- Once you’re successfully logged
- Go to the Download section and click on Quicken for Windows or Quicken for Mac (See an image below)
- Click on the installation, once the download is completed
- Then click Let’s Go
- Click Install and then Done to launch Quicken
- Now enter the Quicken ID & Password
- It may promote you to verify the account by using 6 digit code. That will be sent on your registered phone number.
- Now follow on-screen instructions to reinstall Quicken software.
After following all the above methods you can easily uninstall and reinstall Quicken on your computer but in case you need any kind of assistance. Dial our contact number or leave us your message.